Thursday, October 27, 2011

Computers Are Our Life

Is technology, especially computers, overpowering us? Computers have been used to coordinate information between multiple locations since the 1950s. We have confided in them our most important information. What would happen if we did not to have access to computers for one whole day? Businesses would not be able to function as properly as with computer. Huge corporations like Wal-Mart would not be able to open and they would probably lose millions of dollars in that one day. Technology is the application of science; we have used this science to make people put all of their trust in machines. We as humans cannot go without technology because we have our full confidence in them; our lives are dependent on artificial intelligence. I myself admit that I overly trust technology because i do the majority on my schoolwork on computers and I save it on a jump drive. Schools would also run differently if we did not have technology; there would not be Edmodo to turn in assignments virtually, or ways to type our assignments everything would have to be handwritten. What happened to using our own intelligence to do things? Technology has also become a part of making people antisocial, especially teens. Teens are always using their laptops, iPods, or other Apple Products and they do not go out and enjoy their youth; they are glued to a screen. I myself do not do this, but I am concerned for many of my friends and acquaintances.

No comments:

Post a Comment